Action Sheet by Diana Cutaia, coachingpeace.com
Inspired by She is King? If so, don’t let the momentum stop here! Let’s keep moving forward and help Billie Jean King's dream of equality in sports come true. Here are 10 things that you can do today.
1. SUPPORT WOMEN’S COLLEGE AND PROFESSIONAL TEAMS BY BUYING
TICKETS AND GOING TO GAMES (and bring friends!). More Info Here.
2. CALL YOUR LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT AND ASK THEM IF THEY PROVIDE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR GIRLS. More Info Here.
3. EDUCATE YOURSELF ON TITLE IX & check out the latest research. More Info here and here.
4. JOIN THE PORTLAND YOUTH SPORTS NETWORK. More Info Here.
5. JOIN THE WOMEN’S SPORTS FOUNDATION. More Info Here.
6. STAND UP AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA IN SPORTS. More Info Here.
7. VOLUNTEER COACH. Don’t know how to coach? Set up a group and get training! Coaching Peace is offering discounted trainings for women who are looking to coach youth sports. Also check out opportunities here.
8. ENCOURAGE GIRLS TO PLAY!
9. ASK YOUR LOCAL PAPER TO WRITE ABOUT/COVER GIRLS' SPORTS.
10. GET ACTIVE! FIND YOUR INNER ATHLETE!